Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Virgin Blog

I'm not really THAT kind of girl, to keep online journals. A roommate of mine in college actually used to obsessively make fun of people who did that- posting all kinds of personal crap about themselves in a very public way. Except now that I'm here, I guess it's Karma, and the struggle of the young professional that's pulling me in.

So in case anyone ever reads this, I'm a young North Carolina (SMALL TOWN) girl who's just made the move to the Big Apple and am quickly becoming accustomed to urban life. And I love it. It's fascinating to me that I haven't driven a car in several months, can get anything I want delivered, and have met people that have literally never been in Wal-Mart. Now that's mind-blowing.

So this will be a place I'll come to when I'm bored at work, want to do some writing work (true love) or just want to bitch about stereo-types, true or not, that come with having an accent that's south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Guess I'm no longer a virgin.

2 Comments:

Blogger chick pea said...

welcome to the blog world..
have fun.. ;)
and welcome to nyc..

i'm a LA gal, who moved to the south (ATL) a few yrs back..

we're polar opposites :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I didn't cosistantly make fun of "people". Just Jen. i think we can both agree she deserved it :OP

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home