Saturday, January 14, 2006

Living at the Ritz

This is possibly the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Maybe traveling for work is not as glamourous as it sounds but it sure beats sleeping in a Days Inn or something. I've been drinking sweet tea, eating Chick-fil-A, sleeping in a king size feather bed with Egyptian cotton sheets, and swimming in a heated indoor pool. Oh yeah, and working 10 hour days. But that's just part of the job. I thought about people who live in hotels. In New York it's not necessarily an uncommon thing. In some cases it's cheaper than living in an apartment and you have maid service and breakfast. There are plenty of benefits including the hotel gym, room service and here a complimentary evening shoe shine service. I kid you not.

But Atlanta's a weird city. there is all of that, but I've passed through some neighborhoods that aren't so great, and yesterday was shocked to see that traffic is based on people driving their own car- seriously, ONE person per vehicle. that's an absurd way to go. But sitting in the quiet of the hotel, with a busy morning ahead of me, I'm happy to report that I've slept well. And expensed everything and am trying to take advantage of everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home