Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Good Night's Sleep

I am a sleeper. One of my greatest feats is being able to fall asleep in many different situations, particularly while traveling. One of my friend's all time jokes is that I missed a lot of Europe since I slept through most of it. And I love sleep. I have friends who never seem to sleep. They're out at a club til 2 or 3, up at 7 and do this several times a week. I have to say I'm impressed but that is definitely not what my body's about. The last few days I have definitely not been sleeping as much as I would like to. This is because of various reasons from being out with friends to staying up late reading. For no reason. Oh yeah and watching reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 (I had forgotten how much I loved that show!)

So it's not that big of a surprise that my diet has completely fallen off track. I've been scrounging for food the last few days, trying to figure out how to make it last at least throgh tomorrow (where my food will be covered until Tuesday, thank God). It makes me feel like I'm in college again, eating from paycheck to paycheck to parental deposit. But I can tell i miss sleep and it's going to be a while before I'm back on a consistent schedule.

Generally I try and sleep 9-11 hours. Oh yes, I am dead serious. When I was in college I was up every morning at six to write until around 8 and then go to the gym and then to class, then to work. Yes, it was exhausting. But I did it anyway. And pretty well, I might add. But moving up here, my schedule became busier than ever, and I was excercising a lot more. Therefore I eat more and definitely try to sleep more. I understand why it's so easy to develop all kinds of disorders in such a crazy environment. You're constantly squeezing through people, running to catch trains, walking miles to get to certain stores. I'm not kidding. That's on top of going to the gym, which I still do. If only to keep some weight on my frame, keep the muscle going. I am definitely not considered skinny up here but I would rather not be thought of as large in any sense of the word!

Sleep, however, has always been a priority. During school I rarely if ever went out on school nights, even in college. I wen tto bed by 10, 10:30 because I wanted to! I thought it was dumb to sacrifice sleep to drink beer at He's Not or try and pick up guys at a club. I still do. I mean, if the man is at a club or a bar, it's kind of cheesy right? But now I understand why I sleep so much. It's because when I don't I feel and look like crap. Right now, even as I write this, my skin is pasty, my under-eyes are practically purple, I'm sluggish, have a headache and am drinking caffeine like it's going away tomorrow. Dammit, let me have my ten hours!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home