Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And She's Back (and better than EVER)

I now understand why people used to make it a habit to go away for the whole summer. It makes perfect sense to me. I mean it. Disappearing for three months seems not only reasonable but wonderful! Then you come home with a whole new perspective and everything. So I took almost two weeks instead. Not only because I don't get three months, but also because I'm not at a point where I can be so transient. I'm not exactly sure how it happened. I guess I got a boyfriend, and then I got a cat. Then a fish. But I imagine the fish wouldn't even notice I wasn't around anymore as long as he was eating. So here i am. Now, in order to travel, i have to arrange a pet-sitter, wonder if boyfriend will remember to take out the trash and then deal with the stuff that piles up on my desk. And there is a lot of stuff.

I came in this morning (first into the office today) and found my desk covered with things I couldn't imagine dealing with. So instead I fixed myself breakfast and started slowly digging through the pile until I came across something more fun. That's the worst part. coming back and finding out no one can actually cover for your life. Wouldn't that be nice? If you came back from your vacation, and your house was clean, laundry fresh, and someone had been paying the bills and going to work for you? That's kind of what I imagine in my fantasy world. Maybe that's an idea for a company. It would be kind of like a temp job but with travel. Like, you would pay someone to take over your life for a couple of weeks while you went on vacation. They would go to your work, handle your family (if that's what you wanted), feed your animals, deal with persistent mother-in-laws or whatever, and make sure that your bills were paid on time and your house was kept up to your standards. I think it would be really neat. Maybe i'll check into that a bit more.

Either way, for right now i"m back at my desk with a ton of stuff to do and little time to do it in if I want to get out of here at a decent hour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home