Friday, August 18, 2006

My New Favorite Thing- ClippyKit Bags!!

Okay, so this week I spent most of my time at the New York Gift Show, thus explaining the complete lack of blogging going on in my life. Not that I'm sure anyone reads this thing anymore, but I will perservere! I always pick up a few things at the gift sow- hey, it's wholesale so a great way to go shopping!- but this year I picked up something nifty only one aisle over. Plus I learned all about the brilliant owner of this particular brand.

It's called a ClippyKit Bag. Named for Calypso Rose (cool name, right?), she began the company very recently after inventing her own bag. She made up this bag that was like a traveling scrapbook, filling it with ticket stubs, photos and other various pieces of memorabilia. So many people stopped her on the streets of London to ask where she got it that she had the brilliant idea of beginning her own business. So at the ripe old age of TWENTY-FIVE (way to make the rest of us feel better, right?) she has been named Britain's Young Business Person of the Year, had a BEST-SELLING ITEM AT HARROD'S (you know, that super awesome department store where you can't afford anything?) and is essentially selling empty, clear, plastic bags that have pockets you personalize yourself.

I'm in love with it. I had to buy one (y'all know how a Southern girl likes her pocketbooks!) and I picked up this really nifty lining (so it's a little bit private on the inside). Well, last night when I got home I immediately sat down and started filling it with stuff. It's the perfect size for it! The most surprising thing to me was that when all was said and done, it looked ADORABLE! I was a little worried that it would be kitchsy, etc, but instead it looks great. And I smile when I look at it because it has all these cute things in it that are special to me- buttons from my Met visits, a special card from my best friend B, naturally some Carolina pharaphanalia... it's a beautiful thing!

I'm writing about this because you should all go visit her website- clippykit.co.uk and check out her stuff. And remember, she's only twenty-five and has already started her own business that's actually working out for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home