Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Nothing Weekend Idea

You know how sometimes you get those weekends where there is NOTHING to do? I don't mean in a negative way, I mean in a i-don't-have-plans-and-can-do-what-I-want way. That's what my original idea of this upcoming weekend was. I thought that I wouldn't make plans and would spend hte majority of it in bed sleeping off the NYC Gift Show i just finished. I figured I'd do laundry, my homework, and then be refreshed and ready to tackle the next couple of weeks which promise to be stressful. It didn't occur to me before that having a job and going to school would be as much work as it is. But it is.

In other ways, I take it as a positive that I had so much to fill my weekend up with. After the nothing idea was shot to hell, I figured Boyfriend and I could go and visit the Bodies exhibit that's going on at South Street Seaport and has 22 actually human bodies along with 260+ human body parts. I was psyched for that, as well. Then I remembered I had RSVP'd to an ADPi alum brunch on Saturday morning, all the way uptown and knew I would never be able to fit in both without breaking my neck getting to the other end of the island. So I decided we could do it on Sunday especially if it was pretty. And, since neither of us has seen Ground Zero yet I thought I'd make it a sightseeing day. Of course that was cut out when we realized Sunday was the Superbowl and my friend B is planning a really huge thing for it that I definitely want to go to.

Which left us with Friday night to do something fun. Until I realized that B's birthday party was Friday night and I certainly couldn't miss that. So now the weekend is packed, sleep is most likely limited, and I imagine that I'll spend a good amount of time staring at a computer screen adn trying to get through the Kaplan homework. But you got to love the city. WHere there never has to be such a thing as a "nothing" weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home