Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Man and His Dogs

A flaming gay man walking four matching toy poodles. A girl dancing to something in her I-Pod. A guitar player p[laying some Pearl Jam cover. And that is New York. I passed about ten bakeries, forty sushi places, a Seminary, two public schools, and three small parks. On the cab ride from Javits back to our office.

Gift Show season has arrived again and with it the peace I only get when I'm in a cab going from one place to another. If I'm in the office I'm busy. If I'm not in the office I'm busy running errands, making sure our displays look good, sucking up to customers, praying for my legs to numb so I don't feel anything in my feet. It means I'm working longer days, weekends and smiling a heck of a lot.

Sleeping bette,r too, I guess, considering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home