Friday, September 15, 2006

Rainy Fridays

So all day long we've been lisening to the type of music you might hear in an orthodontist's or maybe in one of those really cheesy medical malpractice law firms. They pick a radio station and let it play no matter what it plays. So besides hearing "Borderline" and "It's Raining Men", I've also heard Gnarls Barkely and Abba. Not that i have a problem with any of those in small amounts, but I HATE listening to it non-stop and over and over. Did I mention radio stations tend to play the same ten to twenty songs over and over? I think it's because they assume that you're driving while you're listnening to the radio and then you get to your location. Surely you're not in the same radio range for so long that you notice the repititive pattern. Oh here it comes. Oh God. That song... "Bad Girl".... oh yikes. I'm sitting here at a computer, entering various data and listening to "Bad Girls".

Friday is kind of a blah day anyway. I arrived at work mostly wet because I looked out the window and again it looked like it WASN'T raining in the courtyard but when I got down to the street it was definitely raining. And I was late and didn't have time to run back upstairs and change. So I came to work anyway and just dealt with it. Which is what I do on a daily basis now. I'm desperately waiting for the rain to end. I feel like last fall wasn't quite so rainy. And on Fridays i always spend most of the day waiting for it to be over, so I can move into weekend mode. By far my favorite. Pull on some comfy clothes, crash in front of the TV, stretch and relax. I love it.

Tonight's supposed to be wonderful anyway because Boyfriend and I are having a stay-in date night. Our first purposeful one in a while. It involves wine and good food that I don't have to pay for. Because I think it's possible i have one of the most generous men in the world. Really. He's incredibly nice. So I have that to look forward too. What I don't have to look forward to is a long after work workout because I was too lazy to drag my butt out of bed this morning. Next week I swear I start going early in the mornings. With all the evening events I'll have going on in my life, it will be a definite plus to get working out in the morning and get it out of the way! I hope this doesn't become a pattern this winter- fighting sleep to get up and get going. It's so hard to convince yourself, even statistically on cold, wet mornings when you're so comfy in bed!

This weekend should be prettier and more fun. There are a ton of options including but not limited to: Responsible Dog Day, Museum of Natural History (one of my favorite city spaces), The Met, Central Park, City Island in the Bronx. It's all very exciting and I love it. Oh yeah and of course clubs on Saturday night with the girls (Boyfriend hates them. And who can blame him?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home