Friday, April 07, 2006

Katie Couric is Leaving

not in general, but she is leaving the Today show after fifteen years (or more than half my lifetime). I was shocked to find out. She's moving to CBS. I guess they don't consider each other the enemy. It's really difficult to imagine what's going to happen to Today and what I'm going to do about my morning television watching. Which I may be doing a lot more of soon enough.

Yes, that's right. I"m looking into Grad School. Right now I'm working a job which has me roughly below poverty level without benefits. I can't imagine that every company is like this, but right now, since the economy is so hard-pressed, it's difficult to find any job with benefits and decent salary. People are becoming greedier and greedier and while CEOs are making tons of money, everyone else is struggling to make ends meet. Makes you think communism isn't such a bad option. At least then you'd be on a more even scale. Of course, I'm too damn liberal to live in a communist nation. Guess i"ll just stick with the facist one.

But this Katie Couric thing has me in shock. I always thought she'd stay at Today for forever adn instead she is moving forward. She said her heart told her this was the right move, and she'll be the highest paid and first important female evening news anchor. Thanks for making the path easier for all those girls who are wanting to move up in the television industry. And thanks for helping me think more clearly which will hopefully lead to better career choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home