Friday, June 09, 2006

The Birthday Celebration

One positive thing about getting older is that you have a lot more choices in how you celebrate your impending birthdate. You can choose not to even mention it and just go about your business that day with a card from your parents. Or you can go crazy and throw a birthday party for yourself, or you can spend a whole weekend celebrating the fact that you are alive and in New York (which was my choice). I'll be spending essentially the whole weekend celebrating before heading back to NC to celebrate with my family and go on vacation- to the beach, no less.

It will start with tonight. Boyfriend is expected to give me my gift at some point this evening. I'm not exactly sure what it is but he seems really excited about it so it's either something I will love or the new video-game console. Yes, that is compromise in relationships. Either way, I'll be glad that he's willing to focus on me that much. Then we'll eat dinner or maybe we'll eat dinner before heading out to a bar or club or something.

I actually won a birthday party at a local bar, but didn't take the offer yet because I wasn't sure what other people wanted to do. I ran into the same issue when I was planning my friend J's bridal shower. No one could give me confirmations of essentially anything until about the day before. It definitely made it difficult to plan. Now i'm running into the same problem with my friends. Trying to get them on the ball before tomorrow so I won't be sitting at home. Since I'm heading out of the state next week for a while it was important that we at least make an effort to get together before then.

And it is a celebration. I'm not quite 25, whichis definitely something to be excited about. I'm living in New York City, the absolute best city in the world. I'm enjoying my life, I have friends and a boyfriend who I love. Overall it's a good time in my life. There are things that could be better and my salary could definitely afford to grow but that will come with time, and age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home