Friday, September 22, 2006

Looking Forward To

a beautiful weekend. The weather is supposed to be lovely and the temperature is even better so I hope there are lots of opportunities to hang out outside in the wilds of Manhattan. One of my really good friends is coming to visit in just a couple of weeks and I'm hoping the weather holds out until then. She sent me a few things she wants to do, so I'm trying to organize them. They include:

* Statue Of Liberty
* Ellis Island
* Ground Zero
* Empire State Building


I think I'll add on

* Central Park
* the Staten Island Ferry
* Walk along the Hudson

It's so hard to plan when someone is coming up for just a couple of days. It's like being hit in the face with so many things to do and definitely not enough time. How do you get a true sense of New York without living up here for a while? I don't' care if you decide to hate New York, just give it some time first, right? I have a feeling she'll love it and it's the escape she needs from the South. Sometimes that place still feels extraordinarily oppressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home